- The two type of test definitions are now "singular" and "generic" (instead of "data" and "schema", respectively). The
test_type:selection method accepts
test_type:generic. (It will also accept test_type:schema and test_type:data for backwards compatibility.) Not backwards compatible: The
--schemaflags to dbt test are no longer supported, and tests no longer have the tags
packagesargument of dispatch has been deprecated and will raise an exception when used.
- The "adapter_macro" macro has been deprecated. Instead, use the dispatch method to find a macro and call the result.
releasearg has been removed from the
New and changed documentation
- Tests, test selection, selection methods: Update
test_type:selection method. Remove references to
- Parsing: partial parsing and static parsing have been turned on by default.
- Global configs have been standardized. Related updates to global CLI flags and
result:<status>subselectors for smarter reruns when dbt models have errors and tests fail. See examples: Pro-tips for Workflows
Elsewhere in Core
- model-paths have replaced
- seed-paths have replaced
dbt-project.yml with a default value ofseeds`.
- The default value of test-paths has been updated to be the plural
- The default value of analysis-paths has been updated to be the plural
- The packages-install-path was updated from
modules-path. Additionally the default value is now
dbt-modules. You may need to update this value in
- Default for
Truefor all adapters other than Snowflake.